Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Now what?

I feel like I am running out of material. I have just so many stories, just so many laughs, just so many terrors, and I cannot replenish fast enough. Thankfully, I ran into one of my most precious friends today in the street, and I re-energized with the help of that stimulus, and I got the most important energy, that is, all love, all love. If God is limitless, there must be some variability, some way to look homeward, to look into the far future, to take what I have woven into my body and mind. My stories run thin, and I wonder every day what new thing I can uncover, some new discovery, meeting another unknown, lying down with the women on the church portico, protecting one another from the edge of night, strength in numbers even if I'm not sure, or no, I am never sure, no one is, but the portico that shelters the women in the night, strengthening one another, keeping close, the college professor, the doctor, the crazy lady rolling back and forth gently keening, whimpering, rubbing thumb and fore-finger together, just to remind her self, my self, the others never gone perhaps, but I just don't know, I have to be alert, have to keep myself, bringing my self to my self, trading too many crackers for the long ride home, vigilant, vigilant, always, for there is no such thing as forgiveness, only strength and an uncertain promise of the morrow, let us pray, let us pray, let us sleep hard enough to get through, take, eat, this is my body which is given for us, try for a laugh, try for a person to be kind in spite of themselves, the thinnest mat is a lifesaver, as pavement is utterly bearable with a 16th inch of a mat, Hail Mary, full of grace, the lord is with thee. Blessed art though amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment