1. I like driving long distances.
2. I like birds...and Sanibel (like all of South Florida) is a birdwatchers's paradise)
3. I like being in a place where the most common mode of transport is the bicycle.
4. I get to spend time with my children (rarer than the birds!)
5. We get to re-acquaint ourselves with our friends who live there.
6. Snowy Plovers (a species that is common, remarkably subtle (you could step on the slight indentation in the sand that passes for a nest...) and if you are a freak like me, a subject to be fascinated with for hours on end (yes, I know I am weird).
7. The Bean (the best place to snack, breakfast, lunch,...AND good coffee!
8. Corkscrew Swamp NWR
10. Crossing the causeway.